Current Status of Medicaid Expansion in State:
State has decided to Expand Medicaid
Governor’s office determined that the Expansion would benefit Delaware.
· 23% of Delaware’s population receives Medicaid benefits, of which 77% have managed care. The Delaware Medical Assistance Program is overseen by the Department of Health and Social Services.
· An expansion of Medicaid to 133% FPL would be a 6.7% increase on current enrollment.
· Delaware had already begun expanding Medicaid coverage over a decade ago and is well placed to implement the ACA expansion.
· The Diamond State Health Plan has received an 1115 Waiver to extend coverage to uninsured adults up to 100% FPL to begin implementing the expansion. Delaware had already made efforts, beginning in 1996 to expand coverage to more of its citizens and welcomed the ACA.
· The Delaware Health Care Commission offers comprehensive information and contact information on their webpage. They have also held stakeholder meetings regarding Delaware’s implementation of the ACA and leave meetings and presentations open to the public.
· There was a public comment period for determination of EHB benchmarks, but focus has been on the Exchange.