Current Status in Establishing Exchange:
Declared State-based Exchange.
Regular legislative process.
- The Nevada State Department of Health and Human Services received a federal Exchange Planning grant of $1 million, in September 2010.
- The Department has since received three federal Level One grants: in August 2011 $4 million, in February 2010 $15.3 million, and in May 2012 $4.4 million. The grants will be used as fallows: to develop a rule-based eligibility engine that will serve as the single, streamlined eligibility process for all medical assistance proms in the state.
- A federal Level Two Establishment grant for $50 million was given in August 2012; this will fund Exchange operation through December 2014.
· Small Group Plan
· EHB Benchmark Plan: Small Employer HMO Plan (preliminary recommendation, analysis is ongoing)
· A 10-member board governs the Exchange. The board will be conducting a risk-assessment to determine if there are any state-specific factors that Nevade should consider while planning. It has also established advisory committees to provide assistance with the implementation of the exchange in specific areas. The voting board members are:
o Lynn Etkins, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
o Dr. Judith Ford, Canyon Gate Medical Group
o Leslie Ann Johnstone, Health Services Coalition
o Marie Martin Kerr, Kerr Intellectual Property Law Group
o Dr. Ronald Kline, Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada
o Elsie Lavonne Lewis, Clark County Urban League
o Barbara Smith Campbell, Consensus
For More Information: